Course Overview :
This NSF Africa endorsed online course provides a background to food safety, international food safety standards and GLOBALG.A.P. which is a global certification scheme supporting producers and their buyers with the implementation of Good Agricultural Practices (GAPs) on their farms. The course aims to improve understanding of the GLOBALG.A.P. regulations and standard dealing inter alia, with a background to food safety and GLOBALG.A.P., registration, assessment, certification, risk assessment, sanctions and changes to the standard in Version 5. It also aims to raise awareness of requirements in the Standard but DOES NOT go into the details of all the control points and compliance criteria. These are sufficiently dealt with in the Standard itself. Where the course highlights certain issues, it is because these have been identified as areas of high risk, and/or areas of common non-conformance, and/or a control point has changed its level of compliance in Version 5 of the Standard. Control points requiring a risk assessment are also highlighted. The course was co-developed with NSF Africa using their training materials and expert oversight and is fully endorsed by NSF Africa.
Target Audience :
- Farmers and producers of fruit and vegetables.
- People new to the standard.
- Anyone currently responsible for and managing a farm’s GLOBALG.A.P. system, Farmers, Farm Managers and System Administrators etc.
Training Contents :
- There are multiple quizzes during each module of the course.
- A pass mark of 80% is required for each quiz.
- Each quiz has to be passed in order to continue with course.
- A candidate has 180 days to complete the course.